Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I Love Lucite

I love Lucite furniture. I love Lucite accessories. It's featured in magazines, catalogs, and decorating blogs everywhere. I would love to buy 4 of these chairs at IKEA for my kitchen table.


I also love these other Lucite lovelies....













Back in August, in my pre-blogging days, I was at a nearby consignment store where I sell stuff I don't need anymore (and look for more cool stuff) and I saw this really cool acrylic/lucite stool. It had a really ugly white vinyl cover on it. I had just inherited a staple gun (ok, about a year and a half before this post, but whatever, I hadn't used it yet) and I thought this would be the perfect time to try re-upholstery. I have about a million discontinued fabric swatches I kept from my old job that I needed a use for, so I ran home and started going through them. I finally chose a cheetah print fabric (I love animal prints in small doses) that I also have pillows made out of somewhere else in my house. I knew it was going to look awesome with the color scheme in the guest room and pretty much anywhere else I wanted to put it. Like I said, this was in my pre-blogging days, and I wasn't smart enough to take any before pictures. DUH. Turns out, it WAS easy enough, but the corners were really hard to figure out. I had to look up a tutorial on You Tube to figure out a way to make the corners look good. Anyways, here is the end result. I have to say I think it came out looking great, if I do say so myself....



1 comment: