Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Mirror Mirror on the Wall....

So I was thinking about blog topics the other day and I decided to do a post about mirrors. I was just reading about the effect of mirrors on one of my favorite blogs, Centsational Girl. You can read about it here.
If you look around my house, you will see that I own a lot of mirrors. I have a total of 9 of them. Two bathroom mirrors, one in the bedroom, one in the guest bedroom, three hallway mirrors, one in the family room, and one that I am not using because I can't find a good place for it. You might think that I am vain and I love to look at myself. Those closest to me know I am the exact opposite. When I look in the mirror I am always hopeful that I will see a thinner version of me with gorgeous hair, perfect skin, and dazzling white teeth. Of course I just see my normal reflection and move along. Sometimes I make faces at myself. Anyways, the reason I have so many mirrors is because I love decorating with them. Aside from being functional, they reflect light into a space, they can make a small room look bigger, or they can simply dress up a boring or empty wall. They come in so many shapes and sizes, and they are all unique and different. I love small mirrors, big mirrors, and everything in between. Some of my favorites that give me inspiration:

Pottery Barn



Pottery Barn

West Elm

West Elm


Ballard Designs

West Elm

Horchow

Here are the mirrors in my house- OK, not all of them. The bathroom mirrors are old and outdated, and someday if I ever redo the bathrooms I will hopefully have gorgeous mirrors. So those don't count. Also I couldn't post the one in the guest room because the reflection would have shown you there was a huge pile of laundry on the bed that still needs to be folded. And some other stuff. Also missing is the one I don't really know what to do with. It's just leaning up against a random wall in the other bedroom we call the "man cave". Maybe one day soon I will finally find a place to put it.....






Which one is YOUR favorite? I love them all.....

No comments:

Post a Comment